- 8 chicken drumsticks – skin removed (you can use whole chicken legs/thighs)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (try our Sweet Ginger Sea Salt)
- Squeeze of fresh lemon or lime
- Oil or melted butter for basting
- 3/4 cup thick plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Season with Spice’s Tandoori Seasoning, plus more for sprinkling on later
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Lime / lemon wedges
- Fresh cilantro – roughly chopped as garnish
- Easy Tandoori Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- Remove the skin from the chicken drumsticks, and pat the chicken dry.
- Using a sharp knife, score the chicken with two to three incisions, and place them in a shallow dish. Thoroughly rub each one with sea salt.
- Then squeeze on lime/lemon juice over them. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Mix together yogurt, Tandoori Seasoning and sea salt in a small bowl. Coat the chicken with the marinade.Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight or up to 2 days in advance.
- When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature (about 30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil, and then place a wire rack over it.
- Transfer the chicken onto the wire rack, and sprinkle a little bit more Tandoori Seasoning over each piece. Reserve any leftover yogurt marinade.
- Roast in the oven for 25-35 minutes, or until chicken is golden. During the roasting process, baste every 10-12 minutes – the first time with the leftover marinade, then with oil or melted butter at each following interval. Each time you baste the chicken, flip the chicken pieces over, in order to cook evenly.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, and serve hot with garlic naan bread or basmati rice, and a side of lime wedges. If you have time, include a side of cucumber-mint raita as well.
Credits to: blog.seasonwithspice.com