Special Lumpiang ubod recipe and how to make your own lumpia wrapper with delicious lumpia sauce
- 2 cups ubod or (alternatively sweet potato, cubed)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- 1 ½ cup carrots, julienned
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup peanuts, crushed
- 6 pieces Lettuce leaves
- ½ lb pork, thinly sliced
- 1 pack extra firm tofu, sliced in strips
- 1 cup shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cups string beans (baguio beans), chopped
- 1 medium sized onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 pork cube
Lumpia Wrapper ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pieces raw eggs
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups milk
For the Lumpia Sauce:
- 2-3/4 cups water
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts, ground
- 1 head garlic (about 3 tablespoons), peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Cook the filling by heating a pan. Pour-in the cooking oil then sauté the garlic and onions.
- Add the pork and cook until color turns light brown. Put-in the pork cube and add ½ cup water then simmer until pork is tender.
- Add the shrimps and ubod and cook for 5 minutes or until ubod is tender.
- Add the tofu and cook for a few minutes. Add carrots and string beans.
- Add the fish sauce and mix. Set aside
How to cook Lumpia Wrapper:
- Crack 2 eggs in a mixing bowl and beat.
- Add milk and continue beating.
- Add in salt and all-purpose flour. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the vegetable oil and mix well.
- On a medium heat stove use a non-stick pan.
- Spray the pan with oil or grease with butter.
- Pour-in the wrapper mixture (about half a cup) and tilt the pan to distribute the liquid evenly.
- Cook until the top part of the mixture is dry (about 2 minutes). Using a spatula, remove the cooked mixture and place in a flat plate. (no need to turn it over). Set aside
How to Wrap the filling:
- Place the wrapper in a plate then place a lettuce leaf in the middle top part of the wrapper. Spoon the filling and place in the middle of the wrapper (over the lettuce leaf).
- Close the wrapper by folding the wrapper just like an envelope and roll it on the side. Sealing it with a hints of water.
- Pour the sauce over the Lumpiang Sariwa and garnish with crushed peanuts and minced garlic.
How to cook Lumpia Sauce:
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, combine 2-1/2 cups of the water, soy sauce, brown sugar and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring regularly, until sugar is dissolved. Add garlic and peanuts. Continue to cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch and the remaining ¼ cup water. Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Whisking vigorously, add cornstarch mixture into soy sauce mixture. Continue to cook, whisking regularly, until thickened. Add peanut butter and stir until dissolved and well combined.
Credits to: panlasangpinoy.com