- 6 pieces chicken thigh fillets
- 2 cloves of fresh peeled garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Half a lemon, juice extracted
- 1 piece of finger chili
- ½ teaspoon of cilantro, sliced (wansoy in Filipino- available in any sm supermarket)
- Table salt
- Ground black pepper
- Crushed each cloves of garlic and peel off skin.
- Preheat the oven at about 400 Degrees Fahrenheit. (Alternatively, you can use an oven toaster, microwave oven or even a pan in gas stove.)
- Slice off ¼ inch off the tops of the garlic, exposing the individual cloves. Pour olive oil in the exposed cloves, then wrap in aluminium foil.
- Set the foil-wrapped heads of garlic in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft when gently pressed. Remove the garlic from the oven and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Gently squeeze each clove of garlic into a small bowl and mash thoroughly with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, chili, cilantro, salt and pepper and mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Wash the chicken and pat to dry. Make small slits in the meat for better marinating.
- Add the chicken to the garlic – mayo mixture and mix thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for about 2 hours to let the flavours fuse.
- Preheat the grill.
- Grill about 5 to 10 minutes for each side, or until slightly brown and the juices runs clear.
- Remove from heat and transfer into serving dish. Serve.
- Number of Servings: 6 servings of garlic barbeque chicken.
Credits to: garlicshaker.com