- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon Medium Curry Powder
- 2 tsp thyme (optional)
- 500g calamari
- B-well Canola oil, to fry
- Garlic parsley mayonnaise dip:
- ½ Cup B-well Original Tangy Mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup (80ml) Cream
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Chopped parsley
- Pour buttermilk into a bowl with the calamari, set aside for 15 minutes. This will help tenderize the calamari.
- Pour a bottle of B-well canola oil into a deep, heavy based pot and heat it up, until its hot.
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Drain the calamari and coat in the flour mixture, immediately fry in batches for 45 seconds to a minute or until golden in colour.
- Using a slotted spoon carefully remove the calamari from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
- Mix all the mayonnaise ingredients together in a bowl and serve with calamari and a wedge of lemon.
Credits to: bwellfoods.co.za