- 2 to 2 1/4 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped or snipped
- Salt and black pepper
- Cut potatoes in half and place in a pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Work on other dishes while you are waiting for the water to boil. When water boils, add the potatoes and some salt, 2 big pinches, and boil for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and return potatoes to the hot pot.
- Smash potatoes with masher and combine with sour cream and cheese. When cheese melts into potatoes, add chives and salt and pepper and re-smash. Taste the potatoes and adjust seasonings.
- Garnish with chopped bacons and spring onions if desired. Enjoy as a side dish to roasted chicken. Enjoy!
Credits to: foodnetwork.com