- 2 tsp Instant Yeast
- 1 1/8 cups of Water
- 3 3/4 cups of All-purpose Flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup of Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Egg Yolks of 3 Large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/3 cup Salted Butter
- 1/4 cup Egg Whites
- 1 Tbsp of Water
- Dissolve instant yeast in 1/3 of the water. Set Aside.
- In a mixing bowl with dough hook or flat beater attachment, place the sifted all-purpose flour, sugar, and salt then mix at low speed for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining water, egg yolks, evaporated milk, and dissolved yeast to the mixture. Mix at medium speed for approximately 4 minutes.
- Add in butter and continue mixing until very soft dough forms or until gluten is slightly developed
- Transfer the dough to a greased bowl and cover with plastic.
- Let the dough rest for about 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Punch down the dough and divide into round pieces weighing 35 grams each.
- Place 9 rounded dough pieces on a greased 8″ x 8″ baking pan.
- Let the dough rise until it doubles in size (approximately 1 hour at room temperature).
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown in color.
- Brush top with egg wash.
- Let the bread cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
Note: Ingredients may be mixed by hand. Be sure that all ingredients are incorporated well and the gluten must be developed.
Credits to: Goldilocks