- 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- green onions for serving, if desired
- sesame seeds for serving, if desired
- Add chicken and cornstarch to a large ziplock bag. Toss to coat the chicken with the cornstarch.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Saute chicken until golden brown on both sides about 2 minutes on each side. (Note the chicken will not be fully cooked and that is ok)
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Add hoisin sauce, vinegar, sugar and sesame oil to a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour the sauce onto the chicken and stir to coat the chicken.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with green onions and sesame seeds for serving, if desired.
Credits to: m.facebook.com/anna.pitts1; ctto