- 12 half-shelled fresh scallops
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- 1 small bunch of bean vermicelli around 30g
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 8 middle size garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chili pepper
- 2 spring onions, white part and green part separated and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, add 1 cup of boiling water and soak the vermicelli until soft.
- Remove scallop meat from the shell, grasp with starch for several minutes and then wash in the running water to remove sands. If encounter any dirty bits, remove them.
- Place the meat in a middle bowl and marinade with cooking wine for around 10 minutes.
- Wash the shell carefully too with a brush.
- Place some water in wok and set up the steamer. Then place the shell one by one on the steamer.
- Place a fitful amount of vermicelli on the shell firstly and then place the meat back to the shell one by one.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and sauté garlic until aroma, add white part of chopped spring onions to stir fry for around 1 minute. Remove the pan off the fire and add soy sauce, salt and sesame oil. Mix well to make the garlic sauce oil.
- Scoop the garlic sauce oil to top the prepared scallops along with chopped chili pepper.
- Bring the water to a boiling and then continue to cook for 8 minutes. Transfer out and lay in serving plates. Garnish chopped spring onions on top.
- Heat up around 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in pan until there are waves on the surface.
- Scoop the hot oil to pour on the steamed scallops. Serve hot!
Credits to: chinasichuanfood.com