- 1/2 a roast duck (chopped Chinese style)
- fresh egg noodles, allow 1.5 noodles per person
- choysum or bokchoy, washed and cut into manageable lengths
- spring onions, chopped
- pickled green chillies in soy to serve
- bird chillies in soy to serve
- dressing for the noodles;
- 1.5 tbs of shallot oil, garlic oil or chicken oil
- 1 .5 tbs of light soy
- 1.5 tbs of caramel sauce
- 1 tbs of oyster sauce
- 1 tsp of castor sugar
- 1 tub of duck sauce*
- dash of white pepper
- * a soy based sauce available free of charge from the restaurant
- Prepare the choysum and chopped spring onions.
- Chop the duck Chinese style.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all the ingredients well.
- Cook noodles in a pot of boiling water for 15 seconds, remove and rinse in a big pot of cold water. When the pot of water returns to a rapid boil, return the noodles and cook for another 15 seconds or til al dente. Blanch choysum or bokchoy briefly.
- Mix noodles in the prepared sauce/dressing.
- Top noodles with roast duck, blanched choysum and spring onions and serve immediately with cut chillies and pickled green chillies in soy. I love mine with some Cantonese chili oil on the side too.
Credits to: 3hungrytummies.blogspot.com