- 1 1/2 cups powdered milk ( Anchor or Nido)
- 2 cups all purpose flour (toasted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter (Alternatives: Lard or margarine)
- Toast the flour until brown in color. Remove from heat. Let it cool.
- Melt the butter. Set aside.
- Combine powdered milk, sugar and toasted flour.
- Add the melted butter and mix until well combined. Make sure you break the lumps while stirring the mixture.
- Divide polvoron mixture if you want to add other flavors (2 tbsp of each like peanuts, cashew, etc.).
- Press the mould in the Polvoron mixture till you have filled up the cavity, it’s okay that it is overflowing a bit.
- On a plate, press the mould to make the mixture more compacted.
- Push the ejector handle to release the moulded Polvoron, if it is still sticking to the flat metal plate, gently hold the sides of the Polvoron with your thumb and forefinger and move it a little bit, it will release itself.
- Use a cellophane wrapper to wrap the molded Polvoron.
Serve, share and Enjoy!
Credits to: pinoycookingrecipes.com