- 1 kilo pork (butt, shoulder, ham or belly) cut into ¼ inch thin
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 11/2 Tbsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ cup fruit juice (pineapple, apple) – optional
- ½ tbsp finely grounded black pepper
- 1 Tbsp rice flour- optional
- natural red food color -optional
- In a big bowl, combine all ingredients except for the pork slices. Mix until well blended.
- Add the pork and mix using hand, use hand gloves to avoid stains. Mix for several minutes to an hour.
- Transfer to a container with cover and let it sit overnight on the counter.
- Mix again for a couple of times before putting in the fridge. Cure for 24 hours or up to 3 days. Can be frozen afterwards and stored longer.