- 1 kilo ube yam root
- 1 can (14 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cans (12 ounces) condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla (optional)
- On a pot, boil the unpeeled ube yam in water and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Peel and finely grate the ube yam.
- Heat a big wok in medium heat.
- Melt butter or margarine, add the condensed milk and vanilla flavoring. Mix well.
- Add the 1 kilo grated ube yam,
- Adjust the heat to low
- Keep on mixing the ingredients for about 30 minutes or until sticky and a bit dry (but still moist).
- Add the evaporated milk and continue to mix for another 15 minutes. Let cool
- To make it perfectly smooth use a stand mixer and mix in high speed until you achieve the perfect smoothness you want.
- Store ube in glass jars that have been washed thoroughly and sterilized. Keep refrigerated. This keeps for a week up to ten days in the refrigerator.
Cooking Tips: You may spread additional butter or margarine on top of the jam before serving.
Credits to: filipinofoodrecipes.net