Easy Recipe and method how to make your favorite SPAM at home!
- 5 lbs – Pork Shoulder (ground)
- 1 lb – Ham (ground)
- 2 TBS + 1 tsp – Tender Quick
- 3 TBS – Sugar
- 3 TBS – Corn Starch
- 1 TBS – Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup – Cold Water
- Mix Tender Quick, sugar, cornstarch, Kosher salt and cold water together until everything is dissolved.
- Combine with ground meat and thoroughly mix.
- Spread mixture into 2 – 9×5 loaf pans and press firmly to remove air bubbles.
- Tightly seal with aluminum foil, place into a water bath and then into a 250º oven for 3-3.5 hours or until they reach an internal temperature of 155º.
- Remove from oven, place a heavy flat object (I used a brick) on top while still hot.
- Let thoroughly cool, then place into the refrigerator with brick overnight.
- Remove SPAM from pans and slice as desired.
- Meat Grinder
- Tender Quick Cure
- Aluminum Loaf Pans
- Victorinox Graton Slicing Knife
- Calphalon Non Stick Skillet
Credits to: thewolfepit.com