- 2 pounds beef spareribs cut into serving pieces
- 10 cups water
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 7 to 8 large ripe guavas, peeled, quartered and seeded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small bunch kangkong
- In a pot over medium heat, combine beef ribs and water.
- Bring to a boil, skimming scum that floats to top.
- When broth has cleared, add onions and fish sauce.
- Lower heat, cover and cook for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is fork tender.
- Add tomatoes and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add guavas and continue to cook for another 7 to 10 minutes or until softened and has imparted flavor to broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Trim about 2 inches from the kangkong stalks and discard. Cut kangkong into 3-inch lengths, separating the sturdier stalks from the leaves.
- Add kangkong and continue to cook for about 1 minute or until just wilted. Serve hot.
Credits to: kawalingpinoy.com