- 3-4 cups arborio or bomba rice
- 500 grams marinara mix
- 200 grams prawns
- 1/2 kilo mussels
- 1 chorizo, sliced thinly
- 1 packet saffron imitation or turmeric
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 capsicum, 1/2 chopped and 1/2 grilled and cut into strips
- 2 tsp. salt
- lemon wedges
- Fry sliced chorizo in olive oil until slightly brown and set aside.
- Saute’ garlic and onions until fragrant then add canned tomatoes and chopped capsicums then cook for 3 minutes.
- Put chorizos back in then the marinara mix and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add saffron and stir then add rice until coated.
- Pour 1/2 cup white wine, 4 cups boiling water and rice then cook until half of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add green peas stir and season with salt and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add toppings of prawns, mussels and grilled capsicums strips, lower the flame and continue cooking until the toppings are cooked.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Serve and Enjoy!!!
Credits to: cheftalk.com