- 1 pack, 16 oz grated ube
- 1 2/3 cups sweet rice flour
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 tsp food color
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (from the latik)
Note: Recipe yields 2 cake pans, You can add 1/4 cup more sugar if you prefer it sweeter.
HOW TO PREPARE
- Prepare the latik by transferring the coconut milk into a small pot or pan. Let it boil until it curdles.
- Prepare the banana leaves (if you prefer) and grease with the oil from the latik.
- In a wok combine all ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Cook in low heat. Keep stirring until mixture is very thick.
- Transfer the cooked mixture into the banana leaves and top with latik.
Serve warm. Enjoy!
- 2 cans of coconut milk or 1 can of the brand that I use (see photo below)
TO MAKE LATIK
- Heat coconut milk in a pan.
- Bring to a boil. Keep stirring for about 15-20 minutes until the milk turned into oil and leave a solid residue.
Credits to: pinoycookingrecipes.com