- 1 kilo Beef brisket cut into squares
- 4 pcs 250ml Hunt’s Tomato Sauce
- 2 Purefoods Liver Spread
- 2 Large White Onion chopped
- 1 head Garlic chopped
- 2 Carrots sliced into bite size
- 2 Potatoes cut in squares
- 2 Green Bell pepper cut into square
- 1/2 cup Nestle All Purpose Cream
- 1 cup Grated Cheese
- Laurel Leaves
- Dried Basil leaves (optional)
- 4 tbsp patis (Fish Sauce)
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- Boil and simmer beef cubes, onions, laurel, basil and pepper in at least 1/2 liter water for 1 1/2 hours. Remove laurel leaves after.
- Saute Garlic on a separate pan. Drain from oil once garlic is brownish and cooked.
- Beef brisket should be cook exactly 1 hr and 45 mins. So you need to start adding other ingredients after 1 hour and 30 minutes
*Leave at least 2 cups beef broth on your beef and discard leftovers. (we need a thick sauce for your caldereta so don’t leave too much broth.)
- Add in chopped garlic
- Add in Tomato Sauce, Carrots and potatoes.
- Simmer for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add in garlic and liver spread and Nestle All Purpose cream. Stirring consistently.
- Adjust taste by adding soy sauce, sugar, fish sauce and pinch of salt.
- Add Bell Pepper and 1 cup grated cheese. Cover pot and simmer 1 or 2 mins more. Turn of heat.
Ready to serve. Enjoy!
Credits to: Mama’s Guide Recipes