A warm and hearty chicken stew famous in Cordillera.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/4 kilo Etag
- 2 cups of rice wine
- Pick the best chicken. It is better to have native chickens but if it is not available then you can use any alive chicken available.
- Beat the chicken alive until the chicken dies. Beating the chicken is believed to make the chicken tastier.
- Remove the feather.
- Burn the remaining feathers of the chicken. This would add flavor as well in the soup of the chicken.
- Cooking Pinikpikan is somewhat similar to cooking Tinola.
- Boil the chicken with the spices like ginger and pepper until the chicken is cooked.
- Add Etag and continue boiling it until etag is cooked.
- Upon adding the Etag add the 2 cups of rice wine.
- Once etag is cooked then add chayote.
Served while hot. Please note that you have to make sure to have add more water to make sure it will last until the chicken is cooked.
Credits to: m.facebook.com/Food-Menu-760298624081801