- 1/2 kilo chicken liver, cut into serving pieces
- 1 can canned coconut cream
- 1 cup carrots (julienned)
- 1/2 head garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp. peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 2-3 pcs. long red chili, chopped
- 2-3 bay leaf
- cooking oil
- In a frying pan heat the cooking oil until it start to smoke. Lightly fry the chicken liver for 2 to 3 minutes on all sides.
- Add in the garlic and continue to fry for 2 to 3 minutes until the garlic are lightly browned. Add in the carrots, bay leaves, black pepper, soy sauce, vinegar and about 1 cup of water, continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add in half of the coconut cream bring to a boil and reduce the heat to moderate to low and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to about half.
- Correct saltiness if required. Add in the remaining coconut cream and red chili and continue to cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until the liquid has turned to an oily sauce, occasionally stirring. Serve hot with a lot of hot rice.
Credits to: overseascookingpinoy.com