- 1 cup pork strips, boiled
- 1/2 cup pork liver
- 1/2 cup kikiam
- ¼ cup garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 7 cups pork or chicken stock
- 1 lb lomi noodle
- 5 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 3 Tbsp water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup kikiam (que-kiam)
- 12-15 pcs meatballs
- Toasted garlic
How to Make Meat Balls:
- 1 cup ground pork
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- ¼ cup onions, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Scoop 1 1/2 Tbsp and shape into a ball. Lay on greased plate to avoid sticking.
- Deep fried in vegetable oil over medium low heat until brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, stir-fry 1/2 cup kikiam for toppings in oil for about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, stir-fry liver until no more red color is showing. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Saute pork until brown. Add garlic and saute until golden brown.
- Add the other 1/2 cup kikiam and onion. Saute until onion is translucent.
- Add the stock and fish sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and simmer for 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to suit your taste. Add the cornstarch and stir until the soup thickens.
- Add the beaten egg and stir until egg threads form. Remove from heat. Serve hot and top with kikiam, meatballs and toasted garlic and crushed chicharon.
Credits to: lutuingbahay.blogspot.com/2015/04/batangas-lomi-recipe.html?m=1