- 1/2 lb. beef (or pork), cut into thinly strips
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Coat meat strips with cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add beef strips and stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly brown. Stir in garlic until fragrant. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Pour in soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and pepper, and then add the water. Cover and let it simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add seasonings. Stir and blend well.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with spring onions on top and serve.
Credits to: filipinorecipesite.com/filipino-recipes/beef-asado-japanese-style.html