- 1 small pineapple (half-ripe), slice into cubes
- 1 kilo tripe (goto or callos), sliced into 2-inch strips, boiled in vinegar, salt and water
- stock form the boiled goto
- 6 pcs. starfruit (balimbing), thinly sliced
- 5 small tomatoes, strips
- 3 onions, sliced
- 1 thumb-size ginger, sliced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- bay leaves
- whole peppercorns
- achuete water (1/2 cup achuete mixed in 1 cup water)
- 1 small bamboo shoot (labong), sliced, boiled then drained
- cooking oil
- In a pan, saute garlic, tomatoes, onions and tripe. Keep stirring until the mixture dries up a little.
- Add the bamboo shoots and pineapple. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the stock followed by the achuete water.
- Cover until the bamboo shoots and pineapple are cooked.
- Add the starfruit, bay leaves and whole peppercorns. Allow to simmer until cooked.
Credits to: m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=364833386928419&substory_index=0&id=200734846671608