For the Stuffed Patties:
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 1-2 potatoes peeled and grated
- ¼ Cup dry Breadcrumbs
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- ½ tsp. Dried Thyme
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
For the Mushroom Gravy:
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Tbsp. Ketchup
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Dried Thyme
- ½ cup milk
- In a large bowl, beat egg with water; stir in bread crumbs, onion, thyme, salt and pepper. Add beef and grated potato mix just until combined.
- Divide into quarters; shape into balls. With finger, make a well in each ball and place a quarter of the cheese in the well. Press meat over to enclose the cheese. Press into ¾ inch thick patties. It’s better to make this ahead and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme. Heat through.
- Add enough milk to make desired consistency for the gravy.
Serve patties topped with mushroom gravy. Makes 4 servings.
Credits to: m.facebook.com/ILoveAngelMilk