- Chicken thighs (about 6-8 pieces)
- 3 large carrots
- 3 green onions
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Approx. 1 cup chicken stock (or water)
- 3/4 cup medium cheddar, grated
- 3/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/4 milk
- Cut the chicken thighs into 1 inch cubes. Peel and slice the carrots into thick circles.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Melt the butter. Swirl it in the pan until it turns brown (about 3 minutes). It will smell nutty.
- Immediately add the chicken thighs. Turn often and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add the carrot slices and mix until they are all coated with butter.
- Pour in just enough chicken stock (or water) to almost cover the chicken. Simmer, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through – about 15-20 minutes. Let the stock reduce until halved.
- Slice the green onions on an angle and set aside.
- Turn down the heat. Add the milk and let it heat but not come to a full boil. Add both types of cheese and stir until melted.
- Just before serving, add most of the green onions and toss to coat. Reserve a few slices of green onion as garnish.
Serve hot and, of course, with rice!
Credits to: m.facebook.com/ekckami