Soup No. 5 which makes use of cow penis and testicles, is said to be an aphrodisiac.
- 4 tbsp chopped garlic
- 6 tbsp minced sampalok (tamarind) or 1 pack sinigang mix
- 1 whole cow’s penis and testicles, cleaned
- 8 cups water
- 6 tbsp chopped onions
- 1 tbsp whole peppercorns
- t tbsp or 1 pack si-bot or tungkoy
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onions
- patis to taste
- Saute garlic in some oil until golden brown. Set aside.
- Boil the tamarind in water then mash, strain and set aside the juice.
- Boil the cow organs in water the scrape with a knife to clean. Discard water.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add the meat and some salt. Simmer until tender.
- Remove the meat from the broth and cut into cubes.
- In a pan, heat oil then saute onions and cubed meat. Add broth, peppercorns, si-bot, and beef bouillon cube. Bring to a boil.
- Add sampalok juice or sinigang mix, spring onions, and fried garlic. Season with patis.
Credits to: overseascookingpinoy.net