Makes 6-8 kabobs
For the Marinade/Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, chopped into large chunks
- 1/2 mango sliced into large chunks
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes (more if you want a little heat)
- Combine all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend on highest setting until smooth and all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Reserve 1/2 cup for marinading the chicken, set the rest aside as a dipping sauce for the cooked kabobs.
For the Kabobs
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- Remaining fresh pineapple
- Wooden skewers (about 6-8 depending on how full you want each skewer)
- 1/2 cup of the pineapple mango marinade/dipping sauce
- Olive oil to brush on veggies
- Soak each skewer in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Place into a medium sized bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the pineapple mango marinade, making sure each piece is thoroughly coated. Cover bowl and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour (or more).
- Chop the onion, peppers, and pineapple into bite-sized pieces.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place all ingredients onto the skewer (in any order you prefer).
- Lightly brush veggies with olive oil prior to grilling.
- Grill until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Serve with remaining pineapple mango dipping sauce.
Credits to: Jennifer Dennis ; m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153963312063515&id=767393514