- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and sliced (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toppings: Strawberries (optional)
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Remove from heat.
- Arrange peaches in a single layer over brown sugar mixture; sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened.
- Gradually add sugar, beating on high speed until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in milk, melted butter and vanilla. Fold in flour mixture.
- With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium until stiff but not dry; gradually fold into batter.
- Pour batter into skillet. Bake 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Garnish with fresh strawberries on top.
Credits to: blondegirlcravings.com/2015/08/10/peach-praline-upside-down-cake