Do you know what chemicals they used on ready made ice tea powder you buy in the supermarket? Homemade Ice tea is 100% guaranteed organic because you made it.
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 4 cups of hot water
- 4 black tea bags
- 1 cup of sugar
4 litre jug
- Using a lemon squeezer, press enough lemons to make 1 cup of lemon juice and strain through a sieve to remove pulp and seeds.
- Place hot water in small jug and steep 4 tea bags. Use a quality black tea/orange pekoe tea, such as PG Tips. Allow the tea bags to gently release their flavour. Do not squeeze the tea bags when removing, as this releases the bitter tannins and will ruin the taste of your tea.
- Add 1 cup of sugar to the hot tea, and stir until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Put the hot tea mixture and the lemon juice into the 4 litre jug and fill to the top with cold water.
- Sweeten to taste if required, and serve over ice with fresh lemon slices.
Credits to: petersfoodadventures.com/2015/06/08/fresh-lemon-sweet-iced-tea