- ½ cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vanilla extract
- ½ tsp (2 mL) almond extract
- 2 cups (500 mL) Robin Hood® Original All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 ⅓ cups (325 mL) Carnation® Regular, 2% or Fat Free Evaporated Milk
- ¼ cup (50 mL) cocoa powder, sifted
- 9” (23 cm) round cake pan
- medium bowl
- hand held or stand electric mixer
- large bowl
- liquid measuring cups
- dry measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease a 9” (23 cm) round cake pan.
Cream butter and sugar in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and almond extract. Beat well.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a separate large bowl. Beat in half of dry ingredients to butter mixture. Add evaporated milk and remaining dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Divide batter in half. Stir cocoa into half of batter until well combined.
- Drop approximately 3 tbsp (45 mL) of vanilla batter into the centre of prepared pan, allowing it to spread. Drop 3 tbsp (45 mL) of chocolate batter into the centre of vanilla batter and allow it to spread. Continue alternating using 2 tbsp (30 mL) of batter at a time, until batter is done.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 or until a toothpick inserted in centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pan.
Credits to: m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1809408829292899&id=1794601430773639