- 5 ears fresh corn
- 20 scallions, chopped, reserving 1/3 cup of the greens
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 T butter
- 1 jalapeño, cored, seeded and chopped
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and chopped to 1/2″ dice
- 1 t fresh thyme
- 2 T heavy cream
- Husk the corn and remove the kernels, reserving two cobs. Cook the bacon in a 3 or 4 quart sauce pot until crisp. Remove bacon and drain.
- Pour off all but 1 T of bacon fat. Heat pan to medium heat, add butter, scallions, jalapeño and salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add broth, corn, cobs, potatoes and thyme, bring to a boil, reduce and simmer 15 minutes. Discard corn cobs.
- Transfer 1 cup of broth and vegetable to a blender and purée. Return the purée to the pot. Add the heavy cream and all but a 1/3 cup of the scallion greens. Simmer a few minutes.
- Garnish with bacon and scallion greens.
Credits to: completerecipes.com/Summer-Corn-Chowder-with-Scallions-Bacon–Potatoes.html?back_url=