- 12 slices of white bread
- 8 leaves of sliced Romaine lettuce leaves
- 16 slices of tomatoes
- 16 ounces of sliced and roasted turkey or ham
- 16 slices of cooked and crisp bacon
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 toothpicks
- Slice and spread mayonnaise on the bread: Take 3 slices of bread and toast them in a toaster. Then evenly spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise on each slice.
- Add the toppings and stack the bread slices: Then place 2 pieces of the sliced lettuce on top of the first slice of bread and cover it with 2 slices of tomato and season it with salt and pepper. Take 2 pieces of the bacon and stack it over the sliced tomatoes and then place about 1/8 of your turkey (or ham) slices. Again add salt and pepper if required. Then take the second slice of bread, layer it in a similar way with the ingredients and place it over the first slice. Finally, top the third slice of bread exactly like the other slices with mayonnaise and then place it upside down over the second slice taking care to place it neatly over the other two.
- Final touches: Take 4 toothpicks and push each through all the sandwich’s layers on the four corners. Slice into 4 triangular pieces and serve with sauce or dips of choice.
You can serve your sandwich with potato chips and a dill pickle or a chilli garlic sauce.
You can change the topping according to your choice. For example, you can substitute the mayonnaise with salad cream or cocktail sauce. Or, you can add some cheese on top of the turkey slices.Though primarily prepared with turkey, it can also be prepared with ham, chicken or beef depending upon individual preferences.
Credits to: instablogs.com/food/club-sandwich