- 2 sheets ready-made flaky pastry
- 4 young coconuts
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup young coconut water
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- Open coconuts then reserve the liquid, scrape of meat from young coconuts then set aside.
- In a sauce pan pour milk and sugar, turn heat to low and mix continuously until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the young coconut meat let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in the coconut water then pour into the sauce pan. Cook until sauce thickens then turn heat off.
- Set it aside and let it cool.
- Lay down one sheet of ready-made flaky pastry in a 9 in pie pan.
- Place the filling then cover it with the remaining ready-made flaky pastry, seal the ends by pinching them. Using a fork pierce top dough with holes then bake in a 190C or 375F preheated oven for 50 minutes or until top turns light golden brown in colour.
How to Make Flaky Pastry Pie Crust (Makes a double crust for an 8-9″ pie)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- ice water (somewhere between 4-12 Tablespoons, probably)Sift the flour and salt together.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles cornmeal or little balls.
- Sprinkle 4 Tablespoons of ice water over surface and mix lightly and quickly with a fork.
- If dough doesn’t stick together, add 1-2 more Tablespoons, mix again. Repeat until dough starts to hold together.
- Press the dough together. Divide into 2 balls.
- Roll each ball until about 3″ larger than pie pan’s diameter.
- Cover with a damp cloth while preparing the filling.
- Cook according to filling recipe.
Credits to: angsarap.net