- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt, optional and to taste
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces brick-style cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9″x5″ loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and flour lightly; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add the egg, brown sugar, vegetable oil, sour cream and vanilla extract, and whisk to combine.
3. Add the bananas and stir to incorporate.
4. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt (if using), and fold it into the wet ingredients using a spatula until just combined.
5. Pour about 2/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the top lightly with a spatula and push the batter into the corners and sides as necessary; set aside.
6. To make the cream cheese filling, add all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk to combine.
7. Evenly pour the cream cheese filling mixture over the bread, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula and pushing it into corners and sides, as necessary.
8. Top with the remaining bread batter and smooth the top very lightly with a spatula. Make sure to not disturb cream cheese layer.
9. Bake for about 48 to 50 minutes or until the top is domed, golden and the center is set. If needed, tent the pan with a sheet of foil draped over it at the 30 minute-mark if you notice the tops and sides will become too browned before center cooks through.
10. Make sure to watch your bread as the baking time will vary based on the moisture content of the bananas.
11. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before turning it out on a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.
12. Share and enjoy!
Serve the bread with honey, cinnamon-sugar or fruit-flavored butters.
The bread will keep at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months in an airtight container.
Credits to: foodloversrecipes.com