- 2 lbs pork belly
- 1 cup Pineapple juice
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons salted black beans
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup dried banana blossoms
- 2 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- Heat the cooking pot then brown the pork belly
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are soft
- Put-in the soy sauce, peppercorn, bay leaves
- Pour-in the pineapple juice and let boil. Simmer until the pork is tender (add water as needed)
- Add the vinegar and wait for the mixture to re-boil.
- Simmer for 3 minutes
- Spoon-in the salted black beans and brown sugar then simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the dried banana blossoms and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve.
Share and enjoy!
Credits to: pinoyrecipecollection.blogspot.com