An Indian food from deep fried lentil dumplings with yogurt sauce
- Mong lentil 1 cup
- Baking soda1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red Chili powder1 tsp
- Yogurt 1/2 kg
- Cream 1/4 cup
- Sugar To taste
- Chat Masala when needed
- Papri as required
- Soak lentil in lots of water for several hours (3-4 hrs) drain water completely and in processor grind it very fine,if necessary then use 2-3 tbsp water also.
- Transfer in the bowl and add salt ,red chilli powder and soda.mix well and set aside for couple of minutes.
- Prepare yogurt sauce with the addition of sugar and cream from the yogurt,whisk it well .If you do not like sweet taste of yogurt then skip this with salt but also in original recipe they have got used sugar.
- Fry Baras in a kind of small transfer and balls fried balls in water,again soak them in water for 1/2 hour.
- Squeeze them with hands to get rid of water and drop them in yogurt sauce.
- Serve with Chat masala and papri.
Credits to: ainycooks.com