- 22 ounces silken tofu (soft tofu in groceries)
- 1¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup uncooked tapioca pearls
- 1 Tbsp vanilla essence
- 4½ cups water
Tapioca Pearls (Sago):
- Pour 4 cups of water in a cooking pot and bring to a boil.
- Put in the tapioca pearls and cook for 40 minutes in medium heat
- Add ¼ cup brown sugar and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and let the tapioca pearls sit on the cooking pot until room temperature is achieved. Set aside.
- Heat a saucepan then pour in ½ cup of water.
- Put in 1 cup of brown sugar and vanilla essence.
- Mix well and simmer for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Transfer the extra soft tofu in a bowl or mug then heat in a microwave oven for a minute.
- Top the cooked tofu with the cooked tapioca pearls and syrup.
- Serve warm.
Credits to: panlasangpinoy.com