- 3 to 3 ½ lbs. chicken wings
- 3-4 tbsp hot sauce (add more to preference)
- ½ cup banana ketchup
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar or white vinegar
- 4 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken wings into 3 sections. Save the wing tips for stock. Toss the wings with a little canola or grapeseed oil to keep them from sticking.
- Heat a charcoal or gas grill, leaving one half of the grill unheated for indirect cool cooking.
- Put the wings on the cool side of the grill. Cover the grill and cook, checking and turning once or twice, until most of the fat has been rendered and the wings are cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the wings are cooking, combine ½ cup of banana ketchup, hot sauce, 6 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 tablespoon of sherry vinegar or white vinegar, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Transfer the sauce mixture to a saucepan and heat on the cooktop of the stove for 2 minutes.
- When the wings have cooked, add them to the bowl with the sauce, and toss to coat. Return the wings on the hot part of the grill and cook, uncovered, turning as necessary, until they have browned on both sides.
Credits to: CTTO