- 1-1/3 cup beef broth
- 5 Tablespoons soy sauce or gluten-free tamarin (dish will not be gluten free if using soy sauce)
- 3 Tablespoons mirin
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1lb beef, sliced very thin (I used top sirloin)
- white rice
- Garnish -onion leeks (optional)
- Bring beef broth, soy sauce, mirin and sugar to a boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onions.
- Cook until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add beef slices into the broth and cook until just barely done, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over white rice.
Tip: to slice beef or chicken thin, place into the freezer until nearly frozen, then cut.
Chicken version: substitute 1lb chicken breast for beef, use chicken broth instead of beef broth.
Credits to: iowagirleats.com