Wanna put up your own Shawarma Food cart? Here’s how to make your own special beef shawarma in filipino style recipe that everyone will crave for!
- 2 kl sirloin beef (cut thinly)
- 500 grms. onion rings
- 500 grms. tomato slices
- 1 tspn. salt
- 1 tspn. crushed black peppercorn
- ¼ cup mustard
- 35 pcs. pita bread
- 500 grms. cucumber
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 pint yogurt
- 1 small bot. hot sauce
- Season the skewered sirloin with salt, crushed peppercorn and mustard alternately with tomato and onion.
- Roast in oven for 1 hour.
- Transfer to Salamander until become brown.
- Garnish roast beef and pita bread with cucumber, tomato and onion.
- Add hot sauce, yogurt and sour cream according to taste.
- Homemade Pita bread (Flour tortillas)
- Always wanted to make these yourself? Try this recipe!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Whisk flour, salt, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in lard with your fingers until the flour resembles cornmeal.
- Add water, and mix until the dough comes together.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until it’s smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into 24 equal pieces, and roll each piece into a ball.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Use a well-floured rolling pin to roll a dough ball into a thin, round tortilla.
- Place tortilla into the hot skillet, and cook until bubbly and golden, then flip and continue cooking until golden on the other side.
- Place the cooked tortilla in a tortilla warmer, then continue rolling and cooking the remaining dough.
- 25 ml small yogurt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Mix together all ingredients and place in the chiller until ready to use.
Credits to: m.facebook.com/recipiesforall