- 1 big can (14 oz) condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup mashed potato
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In a non-stick pan, combine all the ingredients for the yema. Cook (stir it while cooking) until thick and starts to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool and shape into balls
Note: Chill it in the freezer before dipping in caramel.
- Prepare the caramel, Combine the sugar, water and cream of tartar in a pan; boil until it becomes amber in color, it takes about 7 minutes or if you have a candy thermometer wait for it to register 340 F degrees. Put a toothpick on a yema ball and dip in the caramel. Transfer to a lightly greased tray or platter. Wrap individual balls in plastic.
Credits to :kusinamaster.asia/2014/12/yema-balls-caramel-coated-custard-candy1.html?utm_content=buffer045cd&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&m=1