- 1 kilo beef short ribs, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup calamansi juice
- 1/2 cup store-bought barbecue marinade
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1/4 cup cane vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup kimchi
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (hot pepper paste)
- 6 cups cooked rice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 eggs, fried sunny side up
- green onions (for garnish), chopped
- Prepare the short ribs: Combine all ingredients (except sesame seeds) in a large pot over medium heat. Simmer for 2 to 3 hours until beef is tender. Set aside. To save time, you can also use a pressure cooker and cook the beef for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Make the cucumber kimchi: Combine vinegar, chili powder, sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Add cucumber and toss until well combined. Chill until ready to serve.
- Make the kimchi rice: heat sesame oil and butter in a pan. Sauté garlic until golden. Add kimchi and gochujang. Add rice; mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the rice bowls: scoop rice into a bowl. top with beef and some of the sauce. Top with fried egg, green onions, and sesame seeds. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 6 bowls. Serve cucumber kimchi on the side.
Credits to: yummy.ph