How to make the best homemade Ginisang Alamang (From scratch)
- 500g Alamang – (Giniling)
- 200g Ground Back Fat (Taba sa batok ng baboy)
- 200g Onion
- 150g Garlic
- 300g Tomatoes
- 1 cup Vinegar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Wash the Shrimp once, drain, don’t squeeze just drain thoroughly.
- Heat the pan, pour the vegetable oil, saute the garlic – light brown, add the onion, followed by the back fat, let the back fat release its fat.
- Add the tomatoes, stir continuously until the tomatoes release its juices.
- Add the ground shrimp (alamang na pino), pour the vinegar, don’t stir just cover with lid and let it boil for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar, stir until the sugar dissolve or until the shrimp becomes thick. You can add chili if you wish something hot.
Credits to: zaldypatricio.weebly.com