Super easy and pan cooked Maja Blanca in 50 minutes
- 710 ml coconut milk (3 cups)
- 16 tablespoon cornstarch (1 cup)
- 236 ml condensed milk (1 cup)
- 177 ml fresh milk (¾ cup)
- 1/2 cup sweet corn cream-style
- 1/2 cup toasted grated coconut
- Heat coconut milk in a cooking pot. After it has come to a boil, simmer on medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes while stirring occasionally, with pot partially covered.
- Add condensed milk and sweet corn cream-style. Mix them well together and bring to a boil again. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- While simmering the coconut mixture, combine the fresh milk and cornstarch then whisk until the cornstarch is fully dissolved.
- Add the fresh milk and cornstarch mixture to the cooking pot and stir thoroughly.
- Allow to cook while stirring constantly for 10 more minutes or until mixture has thickened.
- Pour the mixture into a molding tray (8 x 8) and then flatten the top using a flat tool such as a wooden spatula. Garnish with toasted grated coconut (or grated cheese).
- Allow maja blanca to cool before serving. Best consumed immediately after it has cooled down but if there are leftovers, you may store it inside a flat container with cover and put inside the refrigerator.
How to toast the grated coconut
- Heat a pan and put grated coconut. Stir until coconut turns light brown.
- Continue stirring on low heat for about 10 minutes more.
- Distribute evenly on top of cooled maja blanca.
by Mama’s Guide