- 1 1/2 lb shrimp (with head)
- 1 bunch water spinach (kangkong), cut in 3 inch length
- 1 cup string beans (sitaw), cut in 2 inch length
- 2 pieces medium-sized tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large white onion, quartered
- 1 pack sinigang mix (tamarind soup base mix), about 1.4 ounce
- 2 pieces long chili (siling haba)
- 8 cups water from leftover rice wash. (3rd wash)
- Pour the water in a large cooking pot and bring to a boil.
- Add onions and tomatoes and cook until texture becomes soft.
- Put-in the sinigang mix and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the banana pepper and string beans and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimps and fish sauce then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the water spinach, turn the heat off, and cover the pot. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
Credits to: yourrecipe101.wordpress.com