YIELD: Makes 8 to 10 servings
ACTIVE TIME: 30 min
TOTAL TIME: 2 3/4 hr (includes cooling)
- 9 (5- by 2 1/4-inch) chocolate graham crackers (not chocolate-covered), finely ground (1 cup)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate (not more than 65% cacao if marked), chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 3/4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- a 9-inch round fluted tart pan (1 inch deep)
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Stir together all ingredients and press evenly onto bottom and 3/4 inch up side of tart pan.
- Bake until firm, about 10 minutes. Cool on a rack 15 to 20 minutes.
- Bring cream to a boil, then pour over chocolate in a bowl and let stand 5 minutes. Gently stir until smooth. Whisk together eggs, vanilla, and salt in another bowl, then stir into melted chocolate.
- Pour filling into cooled crust. Bake until filling is set about 3 inches from edge but center is still wobbly, 20 to 25 minutes. (Center will continue to set as tart cools.) Cool completely in pan on rack, about 1 hour.
- Bring cream to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in chocolate until smooth. Stir in corn syrup, then warm water.
- Pour glaze onto tart, then tilt and rotate tart so glaze coats top evenly. Let stand until glaze is set, about 1 hour.
Tart is best the day it is made but can be made, without glaze, 1 day ahead and chilled. Bring to room temperature before glazing.
Credits to: epicurious.com