- Mixing bowl
- Muffin pan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wooden spoon or wire whisk
- 1/2 cup all purpose-flour
- 1/2 cup cake-flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 pcs egg yolks
- 3/4 cup white sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- egg whites from 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. cheese, grated or quickmelt cheese
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift all purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder and salt three times. Set aside.
- Beat yolks until lemon colored. Add 1/2 cup sugar gradually and continue beating.
- Fold in flour mixture to egg yolks alternately with water and milk. Add vanilla. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup white sugar and continue beating until stiff. Fold in egg batter. Blend well and pour mixture in a 9-inch cake pan.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top. Cover with cheesecloth. Steam for 30 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If you like your puto with different colors like the picture above just divide your batter and add food coloring as needed.
Tips: Add more cheese depending on your preference 🙂
Sources: entrepreneur.com.ph, wikipedia, filipinovegetarianrecipe.com