- 18 (about 250g) cleaned baby octopus
- 60ml (1/4 cup) dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground mild paprika
- 1 small fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Wash the octopus thoroughly under cold running water. Drain and pat dry with paper towel.
- Combine the white wine, oil, garlic, paprika and chilli in a glass or ceramic bowl. Season with pepper and mix well. Add the octopus and toss to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue grill on high. Drain the octopus and pour the marinade into a small saucepan. Cook the octopus on the preheated chargrill or barbecue grill, turning once or twice, for 4-5 minutes or until the octopus curl and are just cooked through.
- Season the marinade with a little salt and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Cook, uncovered, for 1 minute.
- Place octopus in a serving dish and pour the marinade out it. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Credits to: taste.com.au