- Chicken (preferably breast and neck)
- Diced onions
- Crushed garlic
- 1 small bowl of elbow pasta
- Diced carrots
- Diced potatoes
- Spring onion, cut into small ringlets
- Shredded cabbage
- Hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- Salt and pepper
- Patis (fish sauce)
- Add chicken in a pot of boiling water. Bring to boil. Add salt and pepper and simmer until cooked. Remove chicken, de-bone and set aside. Return the bones to the pot. Add onions, potatoes and a tablespoon of diced carrots, and continue simmering for flavorful chicken broth.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan. Throw in garlic and saute until golden brown. Scoop out 2 or more tablespoons of fried garlic and set aside. Add shredded chicken into the saucepan, sprinkle with patis and stir-fry until slightly browned. Transfer more than half of the cooked shredded chicken in a bowl and set aside.
- Throw in onions into the saucepan and continue cooking for about 2 minutes. Discarding the chicken bones, pour in the chicken broth from the other pot. Add more water if necessary to have enough liquid for soup as well as to cook pasta. Add elbow pasta when the soup boils and simmer until al dente.
- Throw in the rest of the diced carrots and shredded cabbage and cook for another 3 minutes. Slowly add milk while stirring to avoid curdling. Adjust the taste with patis or salt. Cook for another minute then serve hot topped with shredded chicken, fried garlic, ringlets of spring onion and sliced hard-boiled eggs. Mix the yolk with your portion of soup and enjoy!
Credits to: iskandals.com