This was a great tasting eggplant, it is simple yet appetizing and goes well with other veg.
- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into rings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp white vinegar or lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- oil for frying
- In a pan, hot oil. Add the eggplant and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- On the same pan, saute garlic and onion with a bit of oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and pepper to taste.
- Stir and simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce over the fried eggplant into a serving dish and garnish with some onion rings.
- Serve with steamed or fried rice. Enjoy!
Credits to: m.facebook.com/Mirahs-menu-1382823542010160/