- Egg whites Egg Whites of 3 large eggs
- Cream of Tartar 1/4 tsp
- Sugar 1 cup
- Liquid Color (optional) as desired
Pre-heat oven to 200’F.
- Line a 12″ x 16″ baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with wire whisk attachment, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and sugar at low speed for approximately 1 minute to incorporate ingredients.
- Switch mixer to high speed and continue beating the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add liquid colors as desired and continue beating the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Immediately transfer meringue into a pastry bag with decorating tip #2D (or any tip of your choice).
- Pipe the meringue onto the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until dry.
- Once baked, transfer to another baking pan and allow meringue to cool.
- Do not overwhip the egg whites.
- Once egg whites reach stiff peaks, immediately pipe onto pans to prevent the meringue from collapsing.
Credits to: CTTO, Goldilocks